Welcome to the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Office of Graduate Medical Education. Our office is committed to excellent graduate medical education that leads to excellent medical care for our current and future patients.
Our mission is to partner collaboratively with hospitals in the development and maintenance of ACGME-accredited Graduate Medical Education.
Our goals are to:
- Develop new Graduate Medical Education programs, primarily in untapped hospitals but also in hospitals with existing GME, by either serving as the ACGME Sponsoring Institution or supporting hospitals as their own ACGME Sponsoring Institution.
- Support existing Graduate Medical Education through:
- ACGME Accreditation Consultation
- Faculty & Resident Development
- Research Development
- Osteopathic Principles and Practice support for programs with ACGME Osteopathic Recognition
Janet Hamstra, Ed.D.
Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Education
Designated Institutional Official (ACGME)
Executive Director, CEME-OPTI