Circumstances may warrant that a student enrolled in a medical school seeks to transfer to another institution. Credits may be transferred from medicaIs schools and colleges accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association or by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Transfers from a medical school accredited by the COCA or the LCME shall require that, at minimum, the last two years of instruction be completed within the NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Transfers from an LCME-accredited medical school must complete NSU's requirement for Osteopathic manipulative medicine prior to graduation
- Transfer credits will only be given if the student is in good academic standing at, and eligible for readmission to,the previously attended COCA- or LCME accredited medical school
- Credit is only given for completed courses with grades of 70 percent (2.0) or greater that fulfill the COM's graduation requirements
Anyone wishing to transfer to Nova Southeastern University College of osteopathic Medicine must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a formal application to Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of Admissions in a timely manner (NSU application opens June 1 and closes March 1 each cycle)
- Satisfy all admission requirements to Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, which includes submitting official transcripts of all college work (including osteopathic transcripts), MCAT scores, National Board scores if available, and letters of evaluation
- Be in good standing at the transferring institution, as documented by a letter from the dean of the transferring institution
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member of the transferring institution
- Provide a written statement outlining reasons for request for transfer
Please note, approved transfers may only come from medical school programs accredited by LCME or COCA.
Decisions on transfer are made by the dean. No applicant will be accepted without an interview. The decision will be based on factors which include, but are not limited to, academic record,interview, circumstances leading to transfer request, available space, and admission standards.
Applicants may contact HPD Admissions for more information and guidance.
To initiate the process for a transfer, please send a letter stating the reasons for requesting a transfer to:
Nova Southeastern University
College of Osteopathic Medicine
3200 South University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Attn: Dean's Office