Here is an outline of the highlights waiting for accepted students:
- The focus for the AIM HIGHER 2023 week is the human side of medicine. The participants will interact with a variety of NSU faculty, simulated patients, and medical students to discuss the importance of empathy and communication in patient-provider relationships.
- Students will also learn how cultural, economic, and family issues impact patient care.
- All sessions will be interactive and involve medical students and NSU faculty.
- A service project will be an important part of the week’s experiences.
- Faculty and medical students are also preparing wellness activities, in addition to sessions specific to scientific research and dissection. A visit to one of the senior living facilities with the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine Geriatric Department faculty will provide students with the opportunity to interact with residents.
We think this exciting and challenging week will provide a more in-depth experience and understanding of the health professions. AIM HIGHER is an opportunity not to be missed.
CHECK-IN and CHECKOUT PROCEDURES
Drop off and Pick up
- All students are to be dropped off and picked up at the Health Professions Division/Terry Building. The address is 3200 South University Drive, Davie, FL 33328.
- Please enter from Nova Southeastern University Drive, there is a Shell Gas station directly across the street from the building.
- We are asking all students to arrive by 8:00 am.
- Pick up will be at 5:00 pm daily in the same place.
- Staff as well as the medical student volunteers will be present to greet the students upon their arrival.
- You will receive a name card to display in your windshield when picking up your student.
- Please be sure to have your ID ready as we will only release the students to those who have been listed on their form.
- To avoid traffic congestion in the areas we ask that you drop off and pick up the student as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please do not park or linger in the drop off/pick up area we will have staff and volunteers on sight to bring the students in.
- Please see the attached link to the interactive map Nova Southeastern University Interactive Campus Maps