Here is an outline of the highlights waiting for accepted students:
- Check in on Sunday, July 17, 2022- catch up with fellow AIM HIGHER students, including those you met in AIM High last summer. Enjoy a fun barbeque for all and a chance to get settled in for the upcoming week.
- The focus for the AIM HIGHER 2021 week is the human side of medicine. The participants will interact with a variety of NSU faculty, simulated patients, and medical students to discuss the importance of empathy and communication in patient-provider relationships.
- Students will also learn how cultural, economic, and family issues impact patient care.
- All sessions will be interactive and involve medical students and NSU faculty.
- A service project will be an important part of the week’s experiences.
- Faculty and medical students are also preparing wellness activities, in addition to sessions specific to scientific research and dissection. A visit to one of the senior living facilities with the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine Geriatric Department faculty will provide students with the opportunity to interact with residents.
We think this exciting and challenging week will provide a more in-depth experience and understanding of the health professions. AIM HIGHER is an opportunity not to be missed.