- Explore the different areas of medical practice in numerous specialties (e.g., preventative medicine, pediatrics, neuroscience, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy and public health).
- Learn and apply innovative and emerging technologies that impact medical education and practice, such as 3-D modeling, processing language and augmented reality.
- Practice medical procedures including suturing.
- Participate in sessions regarding how technology can improve the health of communities.
- Get certified in first aid and CPR training.
- Take part in a disaster medicine training with Davie Fire and Rescue.
Educational Interactive Sessions
Students will participate in educational sessions that are interactive, interesting and encourage the exploration of the medical field. These sessions will enhance the participants’ basic scientific and medical knowledge in a relaxed and fun setting.
- Suturing for Beginners
- Cancer Detection and Research
- Maggot Debridement
- Sports Medicine
Social events will provide camp participants with opportunities to interact with NSU medical students. Events include
- Roundtable discussions with NSU medical students
- Semiformal gala
For pictures and videos about previous community service projects, and to follow AIM-High on social media, please visit the below sites.
Facebook - NSU's Achieve in Medicine (AIM-High)
Instagram - nsucommunityeducation
Twitter - @nsucomed